Friday, February 19, 2021

Review: All the Tides of Fate

All the Tides of Fate All the Tides of Fate by Adalyn Grace
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Maybe I'll round this one up to a four star read eventually on a second go-through, but for now, my first impression of Adalyn Grace's second half of her debut duology is a 3.5 rounded down. A lot of that may owe a bit to my general confusion as to why duologies are still a thing, because in this case, it's absolutely an example of the series not feeling like two books were enough to really cover everything the world within had to offer. Certainly not with seven lands, seven types of magic (each with some of its own subtypes), and Amora and Bastian feeling like such larger than life characters that two books simply could never do them justice. But those two characters, as inextricably linked as they are, help make the book as gripping an adventure as its predecessor for sure. Though I'm disappointed that Grace is concluding this series so soon, at least her upcoming Belladonna is just as promising if not more so, so I'll be giving this series a good vas ir...anoshe now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment