Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Review: We Free the Stars

We Free the Stars We Free the Stars by Hafsah Faizal
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took a little more time for Hafsah Faizal to conclude her debut duology - a combo, I think, of pandemic-related production problems, the size of the book (nearly 600 pages!), and the pressure of bringing it all to a strong, satisfying conclusion. Well, let's just say that Faizal absolutely delivers on that front once again, bringing us another high-stakes, high-speed fantasy adventure that gets into some of the darkest territory in YA history. I can see why my friend Allie Macedo's a big fan of this series - it's damn fine stuff, and I can't wait to see what Faizal writes next. Till then, though, this series gets a well-deserved ave atque vale, and a hope that we get to see more stories in the far-flung lands of Arawiya and further.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment