Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Review: The Scorpion's Tail

The Scorpion's Tail The Scorpion's Tail by Douglas Preston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nora Kelly and Corrie Swanson return in their second adventure together, this time taking the reader to a different part of the West and a different part of history. This time, we go down to the New Mexico desert, a setting not out of place with the Gideon Crew series (particularly the second of that series if I remember correctly) and dealing with more deep-historical cold case material. In this case, deaths linked to the atomic bomb tests at Los Alamos. Though it's still not to the level I'd come to expect from Preston and Child over the years, it's still a pretty serviceable thriller from them, at least until something better comes along. And I feel like I'm going to remember it for more of the right reasons than, say, Crooked River.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment