Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Review: Days of Blood & Starlight

Days of Blood & Starlight Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm so glad I re-read Daughter of Smoke & Bone, because I loved that one enough that I'm now happily blazing through its sequels back to back. One thousand pages and then some. My next review after this one will be for Book 3, but for now, let's focus on Book 2.

First off, maybe it's just me and my liking for the color red, but this has my favorite cover in the trilogy.

Second off, it's great that we get to split the story between the human world and the angel world. It does have the unfortunate side effect of making it hard to tell where and when each new chapter takes place - it would help if there were some kind of header on each chapter saying, for instance, "Morocco, June 15th, 10pm." Eventually, though, it becomes easier to tell where each chapter takes place.

As for characters, we get a little more Kazimir-annoyance, a lot more Karou-Akiva tension (and while Akiva doesn't seem to have much to do for most of the book, there's one part about 400 pages in where he finally validates his entire presence in this series, setting in motion some game-changing events), and of course Zuzana and Mik. Forget Karou and Akiva, Zuzana and Mik are my DoS&B series OTP. They're too funny, too adorable, and too precious for this world.

This world which is really going to change in the final book.

Bring it on.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment