Friday, June 10, 2016

Review: Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just as I started reading this book, I noticed that its GR average rating looked a little low, so I was worried that as far as Alice in Wonderland retellings go, this would be a little less on the Splintered end of the quality scale, and more on the After Alice or Alice in Zombieland end.

Nope. It's definitely more on the Splintered end - and, dare I say, even better than Splintered, or at least the first two books in that trilogy (I think Ensnared was Howard's high point on that series.) It's a short read, but also very quick-paced and addictive, especially as we follow Dinah's journey towards discovering the deadly intrigues of her father's royal Wonderland court. The King of Hearts isn't the nicest guy around, and that's an understatement. He's every bit as evil as any fairy-tale wicked stepmother you can think of.

You know what they say - "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die."

I need the second book ASAP. Especially since it's got a title as awesome as Blood of Wonderland.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment