Thursday, June 2, 2016

Review: Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes

Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes Demigods & Magicians: Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't been able to read these stories with the rest of the world because, as usually happens when an author puts out bonus e-book novellas, I'm forced to wait for a print compilation because I have no e-reader. It's worked out well for me on, say, The Bane Chronicles, or I Am Number Four: The Lost Files.

For some reason, I was never as big a fan of The Kane Chronicles as I was of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. But after reading these three crossover stories, I think I might have to reread the Kane trilogy at some point, if only because I know better now how well these two sets of heroes work together. Rick Riordan's got himself an excellent mythological multiverse going, and every aspect of it must be appreciated.

The best part of this book, however, is the sneak peek to The Hidden Oracle right at the end. I've been pretty pumped for that one for a while (unfortunately, the library's got a LONG waiting list), and now, I'm even more so. Apollo seems like a surprisingly lovable assbite - a side of him I don't think we got enough of in the old Camp Half-Blood books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment