Friday, June 24, 2016

Review: Redemption

Redemption Redemption by Debra Driza
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I forgot how long it had been since I read the first two books in this trilogy - in pretty quick succession, too, if I remember correctly. Because of that long gap, it took me a while to get up to speed when starting this third and final book, and as a result, I found it a little hard to keep focused on the first half of the book or so. But then the second half, when Mila and company make their way to an elite boarding school linked to the conspiracy surrounding her creation, that's when the action really picks up and reminds me why I got into this trilogy (one of the more underrated pieces of YA lit out there) to begin with.

All of that action builds up, on and on into the final pages, and does NOT let up. Especially at the very end of the book, which boasts one of the most "WTF?" endings in YA history. No kidding.

To Mila 2.0, I now say ave atque vale.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment