Sunday, May 26, 2019

Review: The Fall of Crazy House

The Fall of Crazy House The Fall of Crazy House by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I almost forgot that Crazy House was even a thing until now, a full two years after that book came out, because it finally got the sequel that cliffhanger demanded. Like its predecessor, The Fall of Crazy House is a welcome return to the James Patterson YA action-thrillers I used to devour all the time when I was a teenager - and, as the second book of the series, it's nice to see that we're finally getting some much-needed world-building. Though the first book was shockingly undetailed in this regard, it left enough little bread crumbs that as much as I was able to predict a lot of the twists in this book, it was still very satisfying to finally get some much-needed answers. And in keeping with the first book, here we get a lot of reiteration that tight government control, fake news, and rampant coverups of crimes from genocide to sexual assault all combine to make an enemy very much worth fighting. And just like the first book, this one has nearly nonstop action until the very, very end, when we once again get a pretty nasty little cliffhanger. I only hope that it doesn't take another two years for us to get Book 3!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment