Sunday, May 26, 2019

Review: Nyxia Uprising

Nyxia Uprising Nyxia Uprising by Scott Reintgen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It took Scott Reintgen less than a year after Nyxia Unleashed to publish this here Triad with Nyxia Uprising - and as expected, it's a mind-blower of an apocalyptic sci-fi novel. Split between multiple diverse POVs (though with Emmett Atwater still the primary one) to better get a grasp on all the machinations involved as Babel and the Imago struggle to evacuate a world doomed by the imminent collision of its two moons, this is the kind of story where everyone's playing games and yet nobody's playing, if you catch my drift. It's nigh impossible to read this book without flying through the thing at truly interstellar speeds, and I, for one, am pretty sad that this is the end of the road for this particular story world...for now, anyway. To paraphrase Victoria Aveyard when I met her at a signing in San Jose, never close a story door entirely. Of course, Reintgen's got at least two other series in the pipeline, both of which promise to be just as imaginative and cool as his debut series was. So for now, I'm bidding this world ave atque vale...and since I'm watching the Chamber of Secrets movie as I'm writing this, all those Harry Potter references did NOT go unnoticed by me, nor did they fail to make me laugh my ass off.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment