Thursday, May 2, 2019

Review: Tiamat's Wrath

Tiamat's Wrath Tiamat's Wrath by James S.A. Corey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In the midst of slow-bingeing the first two seasons of The Expanse on DVD with my dad, this latest of Corey's novels feels like it captures the essence of what makes the show so great too - multiple plots clamoring for dominance, but a blistering fast pace over its not-insignificant length, and an amazingly grand scope? Plus the chemistry of fan-favorite characters - especially Holden and Naomi and Alex - it's so hard not to unhear them as themselves from the show now! Though there's one major favorite that I'm very disappointed to see is no longer in the story - which makes sense, though, given a case of advanced age. Though it doesn't make it hurt less to see that very first line to this book...nope, I still wanna pretend I didn't read that with my own two eyes. Though this book tends to feel like a bit of a middle novel simply to bridge the gap between the first and last of the final sub-trilogy of this grand nine-novel series, it's nevertheless one of the best novels James S.A. Corey has yet given us - and well worth the extended wait.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment