Saturday, January 26, 2019

Review: Broken Lands

Broken Lands Broken Lands by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Maberry's back to his old world of YA zompocalypse action, and more than ever, we get to see just how screwed up the world got After The End. No longer simply focusing on Benny Imura and his crew, we also get to follow the POV of a new survivor: Gabriella "Gutsy" Gomez, a bi Mexican girl with more than a passing resemblance to Chloe Bennet according to that stunning cover art - and hell, in text it's stated that likely due to her Native-looking features, she's often mistaken for Asian, just as I've occasionally seen some people (namely, my dad) mistake Chloe Bennet for Latina. Benny and Gutsy form two halves of one great story, a long and sprawling one, over 500 pages long, but blazingly fast-paced. For sure, this is the best YA novel that Maberry's given us to date, and I'm excited to see where he takes us next in the Rot and Ruin and beyond! Though first, I'm going to need to catch up on Joe Ledger's adventures, 'cause I understand I'm two books behind on that front...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment