Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Review: Seven Tears at High Tide

Seven Tears at High Tide Seven Tears at High Tide by C.B. Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wish this book wasn't so hard to find. But eventually my library did get it, even in ebook form, so I've finally gotten to spend a night devouring it all. And while I'm reading it on a cold winter's night, as cold as it gets in the Bay Area, it's a perfectly sweet summertime tale of adorable fairytale love between two queer boys who very much deserve it. In a world where What If It's Us gets all the attention, this is the m/m YA love story I think we all really deserve. Kevin is everything I wish I could've ever had in my life - well, aside from enduring super-crushing heartbreak (not to mention the boy who causes said heartbreak has a certain lowkey racist streak in addition to his other faults), but an incredible support network to help make his life as a bi boy so much easier? I want that. And Morgan, being tasked with fulfilling a human's wish for love and genuinely falling head over heels for the boy in the process? I wish I could've lived that life too. C.B. Lee needs more recognition, stat. And I'm happy to ensure that this is my first good review of 2019 - 20-BI-teen, as the meme goes, so you know I'm hella here for that!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment