Thursday, January 10, 2019

Review: The Edge of Everything

The Edge of Everything The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This one's kind of a 3.5, which I'll round down to a 3 mostly because I remember more of the annoying parts of this book better. Namely, Dallas and his job at the House of Huns, which feels more than a little bit culturally appropriative. And the fact that most of the characters tend to be surprisingly forgettable, and the narrative has a way of going around in some kind of anachronic order that makes it strangely hard to follow. But hey, even Dallas has his moments of self-redemption because of his eventual involvement in helping to save Zoe and X's respective bacons - and Zoe and X form a very strong power couple, strong enough to really carry the book and make me interested enough in picking up the sequel as soon as I can.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment