Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Review: Sherwood

Sherwood Sherwood by Meagan Spooner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn't as impressed with Meagan Spooner's Hunted as I was with her collaborations with Amie Kaufman, but this second solo-written retelling of Spooner's, which I read in ARC form, is somewhat of an improvement over Hunted. It's still nowhere near any of my favorite books ever, but as a Robin Hood retelling, one in which the original Robin is dead almost from the get-go and Marian has to take up the mantle, it's a pretty good one which I really hope to see get made into a movie someday. I mean, the last couple of attempts at a major studio production of Robin Hood were both pretty financially floppy, but a film adaptation of this book? I could see it raking in the big bucks if it's done right, retaining the action-packed feminist core of its source material.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment