Monday, January 7, 2019

Review: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

To All the Boys I've Loved Before To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Normally, I'm not into this kind of contemporary YA - it's almost always a hit or miss for me, usually a miss unless there's some aspect about it that really connects with me in some way. I'm sorry to say that I didn't connect with this one super well, but I can see why it's as popular as it is. It's not a complete 100% fluff-fest with no exceptions, but it's overall very light and airy and easy to devour. I guess it's just not for me? Although, to be honest, I think maybe my one issue was that if I were Lara Jean, I'd give up on trying to find love in this high school and look for the Right One elsewhere. But that's just me, and it's a bit rich of me to say that since I've never had the guts to pursue love like I should have...but I digress. Not my cup of tea, but if it's yours, more power to you!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment