Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Review: The Plotters

The Plotters The Plotters by Un-su Kim
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Starting off my 2019 reviews on a low note, I'm sorry to say. I mean, at least I finished this ARC, but I've now returned it to the pile in the office at work in the hopes that someone else will pick it up and enjoy it more. I guess I was a little disappointed in how cerebral this book really was when the very premise came with a more John Wick-like promise. But I suppose not for nothing is Un-su Kim an international prize-winner, and I will tell you that he's got a gift for keeping me hooked. But there's so little plot, ironic for a book with this title, that I'm really just keeping on going for the pretty - and often pretty vulgar, of course - prose. Too bad, I was hoping for better to start 2019 with. But maybe my next review will be better. I'd certainly hope so since the next ARC in my pile is back in my usual YA wheelhouse.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment