Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Review: Recursion

Recursion Recursion by Blake Crouch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The latest from Blake Crouch, which I read in ARC form after getting it behind the scenes at work, is another deep dive into contemporary sci-fi wildness in the vein of Dark Matter. It starts off pretty well-grounded and procedural, focusing on a law-enforcement agent slowly uncovering a conspiracy beyond real scientific ability - not unlike the Wayward Pines trilogy either, to the point where I can just as easily see a lot of the same creative team behind that TV series (Chad Hodge, M. Night Shyamalan, and all) handily adapting this book to either TV or film. But once the conspiracy becomes known...hoo boy, does Crouch turn up the mind-screw game like nobody else, hitting the reset button on reality itself so constantly that after a while it feels like a needle to the brain direct through the retina. Just imagine how mind-bending this story would be on screen, though. I'm ready for that to happen, and until then, I'll be happy to help sell this book at work when it comes out!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment